Thursday, November 11, 2010

Lost in Words


A Book Shop is a door for reality and imagination, for laughter and sadness, good and sad,fiction or not.  You can enter into a book shop and forget yourself, leave behind your life even if for a short time and immerse yourself with anything the your heart and mind desires.

I visited “Borders” in Rapid City last weekend, the shop is big with many points of interest and sitting areas to read books, the coffee shop is small and pleasant, I enjoyed moving between the aisles, looking at different books, pulling them from their shelves and reading their description.  I then looked at books about different artists such as Dali, I was captivated with the rich paintings and his talent, I moved to look at water painting book, books about band and more.  I even looked at small children’s books and thought what similarities these books today have to the books I had when I was a child.
Reading books is far more fulfilling than watching movies, the books are richer in details and expression of feeling and characters but also they leave a room for imagination, the reader becomes the director and chose the cast , let his/her own imagination to build and envisage the look of the characters and the scenes.  In a movie a director and an editor made it for you – good idea for the lazy mind.

I spend over 2 hrs enjoying myself and promising to return as soon as can.

No comments:

Post a Comment